Motherby House – Cycling and Cycle Touring accommodation for C2C, and Cumbria, Lake District
First Stop on the C2C
Motherby House is on the C2C coast to coast cycle route and we give a very friendly welcome to cyclists cycling the C2C.
- A perfect end to a day in the saddle, 45 miles from Whitehaven, close to Greystoke.
- Secure storage for your bikes provided.
- Drying facilities for your wet clothing.
- Comfortable beds for a good nights sleep.
Our own evening meals are legendary and our hearty English Breakfast will set you up for the next day of your expedition. We also can recommend the local pubs which all provide good food and Ales.
Here are some links with useful information for the Coast to Coast Cyclist www.C2C-guide.co.uk, the definitive guide with up to date information on all aspects of the C2C – you must visit this one.
Cumbria cycling holidays and touring from Motherby House
Motherby House also makes a good base for a cycling holiday, with routes including:
- a circuit of Blencathra and Skiddaw
- cycling to Haweswater
- the challenge of cycling Kirkstone Pass
The Tour of Britain at Motherby House
Motherby House has even been on the direct route of the Tour of Britain!
Have a look at us here: